Sunday, May 26, 2013

Guest Post From Alaina @ Don't Spill The Acetone

Hi there!

My name is Alaina from Don't Spill The Acetone. I was so excited when Dawn asked me to do a guest blog post. Hopefully she'll do one for me sometime! :) She gave me free reign to talk whatever I want and of course I choose Nails! So my topic is short nails and nail art. One of the most common misconceptions out there is that you need long nails to do rockin nail art and I'm here to show you that simply isn't true. Now normally I wear acrylics. I absolutely love them and contrary to what some people may say, acrylics can help you grow out long and healthy nails. Here lately though I've been to lazy to do them. HAHA! So I decided to do a mani on my real nails. My inspiration came from this awesome phone case.




And here is my take on it.







Pretty cool right!? See! Any nail length can handle a little nail art! To get this look I started with a base coat of Essie Marshmallow. The print was done with Kleancolor-Neon Yellow, Barielle- Central Park (green) Zoya Coco (redish color), and China Glaze Grape Pop (purple). The black was done using a nail art pen made by Cina. You can use a wide range of different things for leopard print. Stripers, brushes, a bobby pin, dotting tools, look around your house I'm sure you'll find something.

I have to tell you I love this mani! It think it is perfect for summer. I hope you guys try it out. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Thank you Bunny for allowing me to share this on your blog. I hope to see you over at Don't Spill The Acetone soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment