Thursday, May 23, 2013

Be a Crafty Hooker A Guest Blog From Theresa M.


Dawn asked me if I could do a guest blog for her and the glutton for punishment that I am, I said yes.  She knows that I am a somewhat crafty person and suggested I do one of some stuff that I make.

I love to crochet and I do knit also.  As a small child I can remember my grandma crocheting all the time.  I still have afghans and some dolls that she made me, years and years ago.

This year will be 10 years since my grandma passed away, and I used to kick myself because I never took the time to have her teach me this art.  By taking a piece of hooked metal and some yarn and turning it into something beautiful is art in my opinion.


It took me several years before I finally got into crochet.  I actually taught myself to knit first.  Well actually I tried crochet, couldn't get hang of it and decided to trying knitting.  So I knitted for a year before I tried crocheting again.  I found this video and finally understood what was going on.  

The first item I made was a bunny hat, of course that ugly thing went to Dawn, since she's the bunny lover.  Anyway, I got better over time and even now, I am still learning.

Nordstrom Crochet Hobo Bag


That bag was one of my favorites that I made another cousin for Christmas.  I made her husband a boobie pillow.  He loves that thing.  He's used it so much it needs a boob job ;)

All the links I have given for the items are all from Raverly.  That is a great spot to get patterns, help and finding local crocheters or knitters.


Course we can't forget a picture of Dawn in another of her favorite animals.

If Dawn has me back, I can do posts of single projects or whatever tickles your fancy.  I hope you enjoyed.


Thanks Theresa for writing this guest blog! I hope that you all enjoyed it and can leave her feedback on it and let her know what kind of projects you would like to see more of!

Theresa is a SAHM to Jackson. She loves to read, cook, crochet, and bake. She is an all around talented person whether it be fixing things around the house, crafts or working on a car. She has tons of great recipes and craft projects she has done that I hope will be featured more on here.


2 comments:

  1. I love the bag. I want to make something like this for myself and several girl cousins in my family. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so simple, Linda! Well the sewing in the lining was a pain. It calls for a bulky yarn, but with this one I used two strands of worsted weight together. I am wanting to make one for myself also. I am thinking of using lion brand hometown for mine.

    ReplyDelete