Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CVS Coupon Deal by Guest Blogger Ashley W.

First off I want to say how happy I am that Dawn asked me to write a guest blog post for her. I have my own blog but I'm currently unable to post since my computer is out of commission. I've missed blogging and can't wait to get a new computer so I can get back in the action. One of the reasons I say I'm honored is I've always hated writing and English has always been my least favorite subject. When I shared some of my blogs with a group of people, including Dawn, she told me how much she loved the way I worded things and my writing. This was a huge compliment to me since its something I've always loathed and thought I wasn't that great at. Hopefully I'll be able to blog some more for Dawn so all of you can give me any feedback you think I might need.

Dawn asked me to type up a blog dealing with coupon. For anyone that doesn't already know I have couponed for almost three years. (Couponed is probably not in the Webster but I like to use it frequently.) My habits of how I coupon have changed throughout these few years. From being all in and getting every deal there was the first year to now, it's more fine tuned and I'm more wary of my purchases. Two of my favorite stores are Publix and CVS.  When I tell people where I shop most of the time I get the response, "Those stores are too expensive!" And they are correct on any everyday common shopping trip to the non couponer they are expensive. But there's this dirty little secret I'm going to let you in on, their sales and coupon policies kick butt!

This deal posted is from CVS, which is a better post because most everyone has access to a CVS. For CVS you will need an ExtraCare card. Very easy to get, go to the cashier and tell her you want one. That was simple, right? If you haven't done so already sign up for an online account, they will send you awesome coupons in the mail and via email. Also sign up for the beauty club, for every $50 you spend you will get $5 in ECB. CVS is my staple store for household products and beauty care.

CVS has something called Extra Care bucks, they are essentially CVS cash that you get when you buy certain items that are noted in the sales ad. After you buy the product there will be a coupon that prints on the end of your receipt, that's your ECB. Best deals come from when you use ECB that you currently have to purchase something that will reward more ECBs.

Now onto my deal.



CVS has a great deal on paper towels this week. Sparkle is $5 an 8 pack and is part of a promo that will reward you with $10 ECB when you spend $30. There's a bunch of other stuff included in the deal so be sure to check it out. Another deal I wanted to finish out on was the awesome Sally Hansen deal that rewards you with $5 ECB when you spend $10, this also counts towards your beauty club total. So here's the breakdown.

4 Sparkle paper towels $5 each: $20
2 Gallons of Lipton Tea $2/$5   :  $5
1 12 pack of Lipton Tea $5.        :  $5
  All of these are part of the same deal
4 Sally Hansen Polish $5.29 each: $21.16
1 box of Revlon hair color $4.49
    You get $2 ECB when you buy one

Total after sales prices and before coupons : $55.65
I used a $5/$30 CVS coupon that was emailed to me
Used 4 $1/1 Sparkle Paper towel coupons
Used 4 $4/1 Sally Hansen Polish Coupons
Used $25 in ECB

Total after was $5.65 and I received $22 back in ECB.

I wish I could say this was a perfect trip and went off without a hitch but that wouldn't be true. Upon the lady scanning.my coupons two of the Sally Hansen wouldn't scan. She noticed she didn't scan two of them. Then when I got.my receipt I.noticed I was charged three times for the hair color instead of once, and $2 in ECB from the hair.color and $5 in ECB from sally Hansen didn't print. So I promptly took it back up there before I ever left the store. Always check your receipt before you leave! I got my refund and my ECB I was missing. Upon further inspection of my receipt I realized my $2/1 Revlon coupon didn't get scanned so it should have been $3 and some change. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Hope you enjoyed reading my guest blog post. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Note from Dawn Bunny:

Just a quick thank you to Ashley for the amazing blog post. I hope that you all enjoyed it and give her feedback. It is also my hope that she will be a continued contributor here on my blog, as I know she has a wealth of information to share with you on many topics!

Ashley W. is the owner and head admin of Fifty Shades of Savings on Facebook. She is also a SAHM to Hunter. She enjoys baking amazing creations in her spare time, cooking, couponing and spending time with her family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment